Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Going Dark

Well, my PC is officially running like mud and no amount of virus checks, registry cleanings or HD defrags is helping.

It's finally got bad enough where something has to be done. I'm tired of trying to do something as simple as play a video and have it take five minutes to start and then lock up shortly after it does.

A quick check shows that while this PC apparently has no viruses or adware on it, it also has almost 1000 running processes.

Unfortunately it's time for a format and restart. Something I haven't done on this machine yet.

Anyway, this means I get to spend the next few hours backing up anything I absolutely, positively can't lose (like my iTunes library)...followed by a full format.

So....if you don't hear from me for a few days, something's gone wrong.

2 comments:

Evan 08 said...

1000?!? Ouch!

Evan 08 said...

BTW, did you try doing a system restore? (Assuming that you have XP) I suspect you already thought of this, but I had to ask.