Monday, December 01, 2008

Fucking OW


If the oral surgeon lets me keep that bastard tooth when I can finally afford to get it extracted, I'm going to bring it home, set it on fire and then shoot it.

Damn thing's caused me enough pain...once the fucker's out of my head it's time for some payback.

Oh, and did I mention that the dentists office actually tried to charge me for this? This is the exact same X-ray I paid a hundred bucks for last week. Apparently taking my file off a shelf, opening it up and handing it to me costs another hundred dollars.

I can see that, can't you? Wear and tear on the carpet, the receptionist's shoe leather, the training to took to teach her to look for something alphabetically, the light she used to look for my file...I mean that adds up to at least a hundred bucks.

When I said there was no fucking way I was handing over a hundred bucks for an X-ray I'd already paid for... and kicked up a medium-sized stink about it...it turned out there was a 'mistake' and X-ray copies were indeed free.

I wonder just how many people at that office have been charged twice. I also wonder if it's an official-unofficial policy to try and bleed their customers as much as possible.

Fuckers.

It took every bit of self control I had not to spit on the dentist's brand new Mustang on the way out.

Anyway, 8am tommorrow morning I get to get pay another money grubbing bastard $25 just so he can quote me another ridiculously over-inflated price.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you installed the American healthcare system in England tonight, there would be riots in the streets by this time tomorrow...and that's not an exaggeration.

2 comments:

Evan 08 said...

I certainly see how that would hurt. Have you considered getting a second opinion on whether or not a dentist can pull the tooth? Cheaper than an oral surgeon.

Paulius said...

I called three seperate dentists. Not a single one gave me a sub $400 price tag for 'best case'...let's just say at a few dentists I'd be paying around $1300 bucks.

When you factor in that all these dentists quoted between $25 and $100 just for a consultation...it'd probably work out more expensive to 'shop around'

I guess I'll know the actual cost tomorrow.