Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I need a break.

I got up this morning to find Sunny clearing off some of the bookshelves in the living room.

As I walked in she handed me a foreign banknote that she's found in one of the books. It was a mint-condition 1000 Cruzado note from Brazil.

On the off chance it was worth something, I hopped online to look up how much it was worth in US dollars. I figured it wouldn't be worth much, but looking it up online costs nothing, and five minutes effort could either net me nothing, or it could be worth fifty or even a hundred dollars.

My jaw hit the floor when I found that 1000 Cruzados is worth approximately $660 US dollars. I didn't exactly start mentally spending the money, but I visited a few more sites to confirm the exchange rate.

Just when I was starting to convince myself that we'd had a nice windfall, the other shoe dropped. 1000 Cruzados was, indeed, worth $660 dollars, but brazil changed from the Cruzado to the 'real' in 1994, meaning the banknote was obsolete and completely worthless.

Figuring that a mint-condition bill that went out of circulation 16 years ago might be worth something to a collector, I looked up the current worth to a collector.

A mint condition 1000 Cruzado note, formerly worth $660 face value is currently values at one… dollar.

Then, this afternoon, I discovered our hot water heater is leaking, That if it can't be fixed is going to cost around 300 dollars we don't have to fix.

So I started today up $660, then found myself only up by $1…and end in the evening with a leaking hot water heater that's ruining the floor that we can't afford to replace for a least a month.

How was your day?

[Edit] Just went into the bathroom to the sound of running water. The TP Valve is jammed open, and after an unsuccessful attempt to flush it, I had to turn it off and the water going to it...which means no hot water until at least april...and that's only if my stepson and I can work out how to install the damn thing.

3 comments:

Scratch the hostile fay said...

You know what pisses me off?

When you have plumbing problems.

::giggle::

Sorry, couldn't resist borrowing your quote.

Howdy neighbor! (I live north of you in NC)

Scratch

Robert said...

I was blog surfing and found your blog...enjoyed your sense of humour and will keep following if that is OK. If you get a chance check mine out....you may enjoy the post on Darwin and devolution. Blog is: arthurstace.blogspot.com
Thanks again

小研 said...

Do not delete this article, there is ad-supported access to 500 U.S. dollars reward, activity time to 2010/12/31 the end of this period we will have staff members from time to time to visit, hope you have the opportunity to receive prizes!

關鍵字行銷 網路行銷 軟體行銷 搬家 活水機 濾水器 淨水器 1069 GUCCI GUCCI包 GUCCI包包 LV包 LV LV包包 除腳臭 自慰器 情趣用品 情趣商品 跳蛋 按摩棒 高雄監視器 監視器 監視器材 監視攝影 網路創業 當鋪 當舖 流當品 特賣會 團體服 免費廣告 佛具 加盟 臭臭鍋 加盟 火鍋 期貨 婚紗 情趣用品 情趣 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 減肥 豐胸 整形 電波拉皮 雷射溶脂 飛梭雷射 私密處保養 seo 104 104論壇 seo 行銷軟體 免費網路創業 網路賺錢