Thursday, March 11, 2010

Doesn’t make much sense…

Something I completely forgot to mention on here is that a few weeks ago, I upgraded from my iPod Nano to an iPod Touch.

I haven't bothered to review it because I think reviewing it at this point would be a complete waste of time… it's basically an iPhone without the phone part, and everyone either wants one or they don't, so an in-depth review would be just about pointless. There are a couple things I'd like to mention, however.

Apple have somehow gotten themselves this reputation for producing amazing, flawless products, and they're constantly surrounded by legions of fanboys who fly into a rage if you so much as suggest that something with the Apple logo on it isn't absolutely perfect.

Well, I have two major gripes with the iPod Touch and here they are:

First of all, why in the blue hell can't I sync wirelessly?

I mean, that's a glaring omission right there. On a device full of super-ergonomic features to make your life easier, like the '.com' button in the web-browser, and a 'download more episodes' button right in your podcast menu…why can't I sync wirelessly? Given that I can buy from iTunes over wi-fi and have my purchases sent directly to the device, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Now, this is a huge gripe, but as you have to hook your iPod to your computer to charge it anyway, it's forgivable…but what's really not forgivable is how Safari isn't compatible with flash.

This is something I really don't get. Flash is used on so many websites that having a browser that doesn't support it almost completely cripples it. If it was 2003, it would be a nuisance, but in 2010, a browser that doesn't support flash might as well not support pictures or hyperlinks.

No comments: