Monday, October 19, 2009

Yeah...we're a little weird.

A few weeks ago I was sitting in front of the TV with my stepson Frank, playing a little co-op Call of Duty: World at War.

A grenade landed at my feet, and I chucked it back just it time to make it explode right next to the guy who threw it at me in the first place.

"I love killing guys by chucking back their own grenades." I said.

"Swampy the fun badger?!?!?" Said Frank, looking at me like I'd grown an extra head.

"What?" I said.

Long story short it turned out that when I said "I love killing guys by chucking back their own grenades", Frank had misheard and thought I'd said "Swampy the fun badger."

Yeah, I don't know how he got that either. They don't sound even remotely alike...even when you're concentrating on a game and you have the sound turned up nice and high.

Well, a character was born in that moment. Swampy the Fun Badger. A badger who is just so much f**king fun, he'll make you're head explode.

Today, while I was out buying more art supplies, Sunny brought up a very interesting question. What does Swampy the Fun Badger (He's just so much F**KING FUN!!!) actually look like?

Well, Sunny went to take a nap this afternoon, and in a fit of boredom, I pulled out my sketchbook and did a quick (and I mean 30 seconds quick) portrait of Swampy. It looks really bad, but in my sleep deprived state, it made me giggle like a schoolgirl.



I'm seriously thinking of taking this Swampy the Fun Badger (He's just so much MUTHAF**KING FUN!) idea and sinking some real time into it, maybe spend a couple of hours doing a proper drawing.

If nothing else, it'll make me laugh....because kids, the one thing you can say about Swampy the Fun Badger, it's that that mother f**ker is one S**TLOAD of f**king fun.

I think he should be on a surfboard in the final pic.

2 comments:

Evan 08 said...

Dude, you've got the makings of a new cartoon strip. You could make him a grad student in a fictional college. He's slightly older than his peers, which would explain his square glasses, cigarette, and a martini glass as opposed to a beer.

He could be someone who tends to say socially unacceptable things, but that would be part of his charm.

marie said...

I just want you to know...worst case scenario. I will really miss this sort of goofiness. REALLY