Monday, October 19, 2009

I don’t think I’ll ever get used to this.

In England, the seasons change very gradually. It slowly gets colder as you near winter, then slowly warms up (although not by much) as you near summer.

In South Carolina, the seasons change over the course of a few hours.

For example, five days ago I was sitting on my couch shirtless because it was too hot in my house, even with the air conditioning and a fan on, to wear a shirt.

Today I was sitting on my couch wearing jeans, a t-shirt, a hoodie with the hood pulled up and a blanket over my legs. I was also drinking a great big cup of hot coffee…and I was still freezing my ass off.

How do you go from mid-90's to low 30's in just five days?

Personally, I blame Al Gore and his climate change magic.

Fuck you, Al Gore.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

It's actually the gremlins and leprechauns and mountain witches what are doin' it.