Sunday, May 23, 2010

This is why I get pissed off…

Today, this arrived in my email. I won't bore you with the full text, but here's an excerpt:

"Dear PAUL,

Thank you for expressing interest in opportunities with Sears Holdings Corporation!

As you know, matching applicants with the right positions requires a unique combination of candidate experience, job requirements and timing. Your application that was active in our database has expired and we have not made a match for you during the time that has passed since you've applied."

In this case, the 'Sears Corporation' job I applied for was at K-Mart. The ad said they had lots of openings from everything to store cashier to corporate level.

So, put it this way. My application told them that I have four degrees, two years office experience and about six years customer service and retail experience and that I was willing to work at any store on any shift in any position they have free. I know for a fact that they still have openings for all those positions because they're still showing up in the emails I'm getting from Careerbuilder, Monster and three or four other job search websites.

Well Sears Holdings Corporation, what exactly would qualify me to come to work for you?

Let me guess. I need to be the type of immigrant that doesn't speak very good English and will work 'under the table' for a buck fifty an hour with no benefits.

Yeah, it's been six years and no-one can accuse me of being picky or setting my sights too high.

Job Applications to date : approx 700

Replies Received : 2

Number of replies offering an interview : 0

1 comment:

Kraneia said...

"Let me guess. I need to be the type of immigrant that doesn't speak very good English and will work 'under the table' for a buck fifty an hour with no benefits..."

I repeat.

I.
LOVE.
THIS.
GUY.

And folks are all bent out of shape with the immigration law thing going on in Arizona.

Personally, I think it's about time.

At least you have a work visa... unlike some of the other bums who are applying for jobs.

I find it's odd that all the hispanics are moving NORTH for jobs, yet all the JOBS are moving SOUTH to Mexico (that's where my job went). You may as well stay in Mexico, let the jobs come for you.... ;)
But yeah, that'd annoy me too

Scratch