Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hobbies

In a comment on my last post, frequent commenter Scratch said that it 'sounds like I need a hobby'.

Regular readers will know why I find that hilarious.

For the newer readers, as of right now I:

Write, Draw, Paint, Run, Cycle, Target Shoot, Fish, Build Models, Play Video Games, Run a couple of blogs, fix computers, cook and do a little bit of gardening.

And that's just what I do now.

Put it this way, be out of work for over five years and you will find ways to occupy your time. Especially when your partner works 12 hour night shifts which means you're on your own most of the time and the nearest 'civilization' is well over ten miles away and you have no car or drivers license (well, a least no license valid in the country you're currently living in.)

Anyway, thanks to everyone who commented, but the simple truth is I know how to make friends. I had lots of friends before I moved here. It's just that my current situation doesn't exactly make it easy. I'd have to walk for nearly 15 miles just to get to the nearest road with an actual sidewalk and, once there, I wouldn't have the money to do anything…and unless I want to be the guy walking around K-Mart trying to start conversations with random strangers…that's just the way it's going to stay until I finally find someone who'll hire me.

I'm not trying to start a pity party or make anyone feel sorry for me, it's just the way things are right now. I know once I start work and get some transportation and a bit of disposable income things will change.

No comments: