Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Have Officially Stopped Caring

Over the past three months I have gotten entirely sick of having this conversation with people:

Them : "Wow! You look great! Have you lost weight?"

Me : "Yeah, a bit."

Them : "You have to tell me, what's your secret?"

Me : "No secret. I just started eating more healthily and exercising every day."

Them : "… No, really…What's your secret?"


 

Why do people seem to have such a hard time accepting that something as simple and as logical as eating better and getting more exercise is the big secret to losing weight?

Not a single person has believed me when I've told them that's how I've lost weight…but I absolutely guarantee you that if I looked at them and said, conspiratorially: "Oranges…just eat an orange before every meal and the weight just drops off." They'd take me entirely at my word and be at the store stocking up on oranges within the hour.

The other thing I've noticed a lot is that someone talks to me, gets super-motivated about getting into shape…and their motivation will last for about a week. Then, they're back to making the same old excuses I've heard a hundred times: It's too hot, it's too cold, it's too rainy, I'm too tired, I had a really hard day, I worked extra hard yesterday, I don't have the time…

So I would like to announce to the world that I have officially stopped caring. Believe what you like, jump from fad-diet to fad diet, lie to yourself, make excuses…it's completely up to you.

Be healthy and slim or be fat and unhealthy… the choice is yours and I'm tired of repeating myself.


 

1 comment:

Saffy said...

At least some of us (me) accept that they are excuses......That being said, it's harder for some people to change their mindset. I struggle with it daily. So far i'm losing...not weight, the battle.