Thursday, August 02, 2007

Spoiler Free Review of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"

The Hallows could be a touch more Deathly.

The End.

What?.....

More?


Ok, in all seriousness, it's pretty damn impossible to write a review of the new HP without at least some minor spoilers. Everything I want to write, while not giving anything away explicitly, at least hints at the events.

It's like me saying "Empire Strikes Back? Well, it turns out that one character is actually another character's close relative." It doesn't take a genius to work it out. Even if you are really vague...like "There's an awesome twist in 'The Sixth Sense'" it's no where near as satisfying if you're expecting a twist and guessing what it might be.

Basically, I think it's a little early to write a comprehensive review because too many people haven't read it yet, and I really don't wanna spoil any off it.

In other words, Sunny hasn't finished it yet, and if I give anything away, she'll cut off my balls with a pair of rusty nail clippers.

All I will say is that it's by far the best of the series, and is firmly in my Top Five Books Of All Time Ever. In fact, it even made me like "The Half-Blood Prince" even more, because the things in that book that I thought didn't make sense or were stupid make a lot more sense.

Long story short, it's ass-slapping awesome. I particularly liked the ending (but I'm not saying why).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was horribly horribly cruel. I just wanted you to know that.