Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ugh.

Ever had one of those weeks?

A couple days ago I got up after having literally zero sleep due to the heat. Seriously, I took the digital thermometer into the bedroom when I got up and it was 110 degrees….I’d heard the expressing “It’s like an oven in here” before…but the fact I could actually cook in the bedroom was a new one on me.

Then, just to really set off the morning, on the way from the bedroom I stubbed my toe…which really helped the heat-induced/no-sleep headache I had going.

So, I get into the living room and realize that my mouth feels like the bottom of a birdcage, so before I brush my teeth I decide to get a can of delicious orange soda.

About 15 minutes later, I’m lying on the couch, enjoying the air-conditioning. I stretch and feel my hand knock over the can of delicious orange soda. Worse, it fell towards me.

Now, I didn’t jump up and try to grab the thing, because I’d actually finished my delicious orange soda. The way I looked at it was I’d let it fall, pick it up and put it back.

What I didn’t know was that Sunny likes delicious orange soda as much as me, and had got herself a can of it while I was brushing my teeth. Her can was right next to mine on the end table.

Can you see where this is going yet?

Long story short, I got about ¾ of a can of delicious orange soda dumped on my head. As well as being sticky and required me to go and take another shower…imagine sitting in a sauna for an hour or so, then jumping in a snow drift.

I don’t mind admitting, I squealed like a little girl.

So later that day I get hungry and Sunny makes one of her delicious home-made deep-pan chicken bacon and mushroom pizzas. I finish my slice and take a sip of my drink.

Actually, that’s not 100% true. What actually happened was I inhaled a sip of my drink which set me off on a coughing fit. The coughing fit was so bad that I swallowed my own bodyweight in air. If this has ever happened to you, you know what happens. You end up with a huge air bubble in your stomach that wants to get out…and it doesn’t care what it pushes out of the way to get out.

Yep, I made it to the bathroom just in time to regurgitate delicious orange soda and delicious home-made deep-pan pizza. While incredibly enjoyable the right way around…it’s not so enjoyable in reverse.

Then, just to put the cap on my day, I clean my teeth again, (and use lots of mouthwash), return to the living room…and just as I get comfortable…the dog sneezes in my face.

Add to that the fact that I realized at 9pm on Friday night that I hadn’t written a damn thing for EC4A (and still haven’t)…and find out this morning that my hard-earned linden dollars have all gone bye-bye.

Then, just to put the icing on the cake, I realize this afternoon that will all my linden dollars gone, I won’t have enough lindens to pay rent on my SL stores this week. So I do the intelligent thing and knock my prices down to 50% and advertise a sale.

I log in this afternoon to check on things to find I’ve made enough to stay above water, and not only that but a couple people actually just ‘donated’ some cash to keep my SL business afloat (thanks Saffy and Beej!)

So just as I start to feel things are looking up, I see I’ve gotten a couple of complaint from people that ordered stuff that never arrived. It turns out one of my web-vendors ‘updated’ and didn’t tell me….which meant I had to re-submit and re-list every damn thing I sell.

That’s a fun way to spend a couple hours.

Anyway, I’m going to sleep…someone wake me up when 2008 gets here.

No comments: