Wednesday, January 03, 2007

WOOT! Yay the Brits!

Today's post is simply a HUGE shout out to Saffyre

Not only does this woman keep me entertained with her awesome blog, brings me luck as my occasional SL Slingo partner and helps me recharge the Brit Sarcasm batteries every time we talk...it also turns out that when she sends you a gift, she SEND YOU A GIFT.

Being a fellow brit, we often talk about the USA Vs the UK, which often devolves into me whining about all the British stuff I miss, and her gloating about it.

Well, shortly before Christmas, dear old Saffy asked for our address so she could send Sunny and I a "few things."

Well today, after multiple trips to the Post Office, chasing the package that arrived almost a week ago, we finally managed to pick up the package.

I should also point out at this point that not only is Saffy one of the nicest people I ever met, she's also a magician. Why? because in a package the size of a shoe box, she managed to fit:

2 Cans of Gourmet Sea Salt and Black Pepper Pringles.
1 Traditional Christmas Pudding
1 Package of Mince Pies
2 Packs of Salt 'n' Vinegar Hula Hoops
4 Packs of BBQ Beef Hula Hoops
1 Pack of Curry flavored Bachelors Super-Noodles
1 Cadbury's Caramel Bar
1 Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chocolate Bar
1 Crunchie
1 Flake Bar
1 Crunchie Bar

A few things, Saffy? Wouldn't it have been a little cheaper to just ship the local Sainsbury's to me?

All joking aside, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I normally start to feel a little down around Christmas with my family being so far away, so you've absolutely no idea how much this little taste of home means to me.

Oh, and here's a scan of the front of the card that came with the package, included, just because I think it's funny as hell.

2 comments:

misty harley said...

that is so sweet and I love that card!

lolly said...

You are absolutely welcome!

Enjoy!