Sunday, January 21, 2007

...

Do you ever get the feeling that you’re speaking another language? Like you went to bed one night and woke up in the Bizarro World?

I mean, it sounds like everyone else is speaking the same language, and it’s almost as if you can make yourself understood. However, everyone else is running on an entirely different level of linguistic meaning.

Like, you ask someone to do something, and they nod, agree and say they will. Then, later you check up on them and discover not only have they not done what you’ve asked, but have actually gone ahead and done the exact opposite of what you asked them to do.

Then they’re all “Oh! You wanted me to do that! I didn’t get what you meant.”

Of course, back in the real world it’s got precisely dick to do with misunderstanding. All that’s happened is you’ve asked someone to do something they don’t particularly want to do…or asked someone not to do something they particularly want to do.

It’s usually times like this that you discover exactly where you lie in someone’s list of priorities…and it’s never as high as you think.

You know, one of the things I hate about blogs in general is that most of them are just outlets for someone you don’t know, bitching about someone else you don’t know, or for people to whine about their problems when really they don’t have any…and I promised myself this blog would never be like that.

It just seems that my entire life recently is geared towards really pissing me off.

I can honestly say that I’m slowly turning into someone I don’t really like, IE, a whiny, depressed, suspicious, untrusting, cynical bastard.

I mean, seriously, how do you deal with something like that?

I have a pretty solid moral code and set of principles. I believe that certain people should act a certain way.

Is it wrong that I expect other people to live up to the same standards and levels of behavior I expect of myself? Is it also wrong that I expect people to do this because they know it’s the right thing to do, and not just because they’ll get in trouble if they don’t?

Well enough bitching and moaning from me. Suffice it to say that right now, I’m just really, really tired…of pretty much everything.

No comments: