Saturday, May 23, 2009

Weekly Advice Column

This week's question was asked in the Reader's Digest 'Ask Laskas' column. As usual, Laskas got it dead wrong. As always, if you have a question and would like some advice, post it in the comments section of this post.

This week's question:

I introduced my new friend 'Bev' to my old friend 'Janet' recently. They did not hit it off. Now each talks bad about the other to me. How am I supposed to deal with this?

-'Diplomat'


 

Dear 'Diplomat',

This is your 'problem'? Seriously? Two of your friends don't get on and you think it's big enough of a deal to write to a problem page? Christ, I wish I had your problems, lady. Exactly how dumb are you to not be able to figure this out for yourself?

Firstly, I suggest you grow the fuck up. Secondly, I suggest you stop acting like you're still in highschool.

Basically, tell friend A to stop badmouthing friend B and vice versa. If you want to be diplomatic about it, try saying something like "Hey Friend A, friend B is my friend too and it makes me uncomfortable when you bitch about her behind her back. I wouldn't let her badmouth you, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop it."

To be completely honest, however, I wouldn't want to be friends with anyone who is immature and petty enough to spend all their time bitching about whichever friend isn't there. I'd tell 'Bev' and 'Janet' to go screw themselves and make some friends who realize they're not thirteen years old any more.

No comments: