Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I don't wanna...

Little over a year ago, I was sitting on my couch eating something when a hefty chunk of my bottom right wisdom tooth broke off.

So I had a great big gaping hole in my wisdom tooth, but the weird thing was that it didn’t hurt. Not even a little bit.

Since then, I’ve also lost a good portion of my upper-right and upper left wisdom teeth as well.

Now, there are probably people out there in blogland getting ready to admonish me for not getting them fixed right away. Just because a broken tooth isn’t causing you pain is no reason to not get it fixed.

Well, to those people I would like to point out my lack of a job and lack of dental insurance. Unless my teeth were causing me physical pain, I have better things to spend my money on…like food and electricity.

Well, last week my right-side wisdom teeth suddenly realized that they’d been mortally wounded and decided to let me know about it. I don’t know what it is about tooth pain, but I honestly think I’d rather break a finger than have toothache.

My wisdom teeth have a constant dull ache, and every couple of hours it feels like the entire right side of my face has been dunked in acid. Imagine having a red hot knife pushed through your teeth, down into your jaw and up behind your cheekbone, and you’re in the ballpark of what it feels like.

Long story short, I get to go have three wisdom teeth pulled this week. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that they prescribe vicodin for afterwards.

No comments: