Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Wasting time

It just struck me that I've spent almost the entire day sitting on the couch, watching TV with Sunny. We watched the last 6 episodes of Season 1 of Eureka, and about three or four of season 2.

At around 50 minutes per episode, that's eight and a half hours of solid TV.

I was hit by a crisis of conscience. That's a whole working day completely wasted watching TV.

Then I thought about it, and it reminded me of something I heard once: "No one ever lies on their death bed, wishing they'd spent just one more day at the office."

Mentally, I pictured myself on my deathbed. Would I regret spending a day with my wife, having a lot of fun watching a TV show?

In a word: No.

It's a matter of perspective. Sometimes a 'wasted' day is the best possible use of your time… spending a day with my missus watching TV is something I find difficult to feel guilty about.

No comments: