Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Living in the Country is Weird

Things I saw on my walk this morning:

A small dog informing me I was dangerously close to encroaching on his front yard. A Chihuahua doing the ‘You came to the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker’ strut is weird enough at 6am in the morning, but the fact it was flanked by a couple of full sized geese bodyguards made it noteworthy.

A mile further down the road I stopped for a minute to watch a cockerel chasing a hen in circles at a simply astonishing pace.

On my way back I saw a hawk swoop down into a field, pick up a small bunny rabbit and take off. The rabbit, obviously not thinking the situation through, managed to somehow struggle free…when it was about 60 feet up in the air. I heard the thud from a good 100 yards away.

No comments: