Saturday, November 14, 2009

What do you do?

I've written in the past about the talent monkey. The invisible monkey that rides around on your back and sprinkles everything you attempt with talent dust...unless he's in a bad mood, of course, then he flings his poop at you.

Today and yesterday the talent monkey has been in a poop flinging mood. I keep opening my sketchbook and finding things I've been able to draw without thinking for years have suddenly become insanely difficult. For example, I appear to have completely forgotten how to draw shoulders and arms.

Now I know a lot of creative types read this blog...so what do you do when you find the talent monkey is flinging his poop?

Do you take a break for a day or two and come back fresh? Or do you keep at it and try to push through it?

1 comment:

Evan 08 said...

Walk away... for me, it's always about enjoying the creative process. If I've stopped enjoying it, it's time to stop for a bit.