Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's all LIES!

A couple nights ago I was reading on the couch while Sunny was watching TV. She was watching that bloody awful reality show about that lesbian fitness guru. I forget what it’s called.

Bear with me while I google…

Ah, The show is the imaginatively titled ‘Work Out’ with Jackie Warner.

After trying to block it out and failing, I discovered that this show has one, just one, redeeming feature. It shows just what a complete and total scam exercise videos and diets are. I pointed this out to Sunny and she just looked at me with a confused expression on her face.

“How does this prove her exercise video doesn’t work?” She asked.

“I’m glad you asked.” I replied.

Here’s the deal. The episode we were watching was about Jackie Warner making her very first exercise DVD. The first half of the show was basically watching her (literally)run up and down mountains, doing intense eight hours long gym sessions…all the while talking about how difficult it is and how even taking a few weeks break from exercising has made everything a hundred times harder.

Then it switches to her filming for the DVD. What’s the first things she says to the camera?

“All it’s going to take is a commitment of twenty minutes a day, three days a week and you too can have a body like mine!”

This is the point where I called shenanigans. Shenanigans, I say!

You see, all exercise videos are sold on the premise that if you follow the work-out they provide, you too can get a body like the presenter’s. If that’s the case, why did this already fit woman put herself through a couple months of extremely intensive training just to appear in the video?

If what she’s saying is true, couldn’t she have got that same body from just twenty minutes a day?

Ergo, her exercise video is complete and total bullshit…and she showed that is was right on her own show!

Yup, to get that perfect ripped body, all you need to do is work out for twenty minutes a day, three days a week…as long as you also go on an intensive, months long diet and exercise program that will have you in the gym from dawn til dusk.

SHENANIGANS!!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

A perfect excuse for me to sit on my fat ass and not exercise right there!