Thursday, July 08, 2010

Dinner Party

So, this past couple of weeks have been good to me in an 'internet fame' way.

My most recent steps up Mt. Internet fame was discovering that, this morning, in addition to having been mentioned twice on 'Tweet me Harder' (The World's First, Best, Only and Last Talkback Enabled Interactive Audio Podblast), two, count em, two of my tweets made their 'Tweets of the Week'.

I told Sunny this, and she rolled her eyes at me.

I've come to realize that I hold 'internet fame' slightly above 'regular' fame, to the point that I realized that given the option of getting a walk-on role in a TV show, or getting to appear in a Penny Arcade strip…I'd pick the strip without even hesitating. (The only caveat there is I'd probably want to go on TV if it meant appearing in an episode of Leverage in a Parker-heavy episode with Wil Wheaton as a guest star... or if they bought Firefly back.)

I guess, to me, 'internet famous' isn't the derogatory term it is to most of the world. 99% of the people I'd like to meet are 'internet famous', whereas 99% of 'traditionally famous' people, I really couldn't give a crap about. In fact, at my dream dinner party, the only 'traditionally famous' person who would warrant a seat at the table is Adam Savage, and Mythbusters would only make up about 10% of the things I'd want to ask him about.

It's just weird to think that my ultimate dinner party guest list would consist mostly of people the majority of the world have never heard of.

Who would be at my dream dinner party, you ask?

Kris Straub, Mike Kruhulik, Jerry Holkins, Brad Guigar, Dave Kellet, Scott Kurtz, Adam Savage, Jonathan Coulton, Wil Wheaton, Paul and Storm and Mike Rowe

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Congrats!

If I could choose between meeting a favorite author or a favorite actor, I'd choose the author every time.

But those of Internet Fame would probably beat out an actor too. They would be more likely to talk to me after the dinner party was over.