Monday, September 22, 2008

They're like Unicorns

I gotta start this post by saying my parents are awesome.

Not only are we having a great time, they made things all the more awesome by giving me to the money to buy a Wii because I won’t see them at Christmas.

So today, I saw in the Best Buy mailing that came with the paper that they had Wii’s in stock…With visions of Wii Sports in my head, this afternoon we piled in the car drove all the way to the other side of Greenville to get one.

They were out of stock. They said they’d got some in on Sunday morning and had sold out by… later Sunday morning.

After that we went everywhere. Best Buy, Two different Circuit Citys, Target, Costco, Toys ‘R Us…I could go on for pages.

No-one had any in stock and most places said they don’t know when they’ll be getting more. The few that did have an idea when they’d have more stock told me if I wanted one, my best bet was to be waiting outside the store at least half an hour before opening time on the day they get them in.

I’m beginning to Nintendo is doing this on purpose. Months after launch, both 360’s and PS2’s were everywhere. Every single store I went to had plenty of them…even though the 360 just had a major price drop.

It’s been over two years since the Wii launched, and they’re still like gold dust. You can’t even order one online, because the only ones you can buy online are bundles that come with a ton of extras and games…resulting in a $550 price tag.

In other words, it’s a bit of a bastard…and with Christmas coming up, they’re only going to get rarer.

So if anyone sees a Wii for sale in the Greenville area…let me know, k?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, you just want the game system alone?

I'm pretty sure there are a few at the store here....

.
Hey! That's not very nice word, Mr. Paulius!