Saturday, August 04, 2012

Second Digital Painting Ever

Click to Embiggen

Ok, so this one was a little more ambitious than the last one I did, and I'm going to talk about it in a bit more detail.

So, for this one, I found a random pic of a model on the internet and sketched it traditionally with pencil and paper (I find it really difficult to sketch digitally for some reason). I then scanned the sketch, set it as a layer in art rage and used it as a guide. I also kept the original image to use as reference as I painted.

As I mentioned before, Artrage is difficult to get used to, but its definitely growing on me. I've messed about a bit with acrylics and oils, and Artrage is far closer to traditional painting than it is to photoshop. This means it's a steep learning curve (and requires you to unlearn a lot of things)...but it also means you can create a lot of effects that are much harder to achieve in a program like Photoshop.

Anyway, for the interested, this took me approximately 4 hours from start to finish, using Artrage 3 Pro and a Wacom Bamboo tablet.

1 comment:

ruzzel01 said...

Shading are perfectly in tact.

utah retirement community