Monday, November 08, 2010

Nanowrimo: 20,000 words in!

“I know what you are.” He said to the undead creature, as his tears burned boiling tracks down his face. “I know you’re not my brother. Not anymore. You’re just a fucking disease that’s hijacked his body…and I know exactly, exactly what my brother would want me to do.”

The gun went off with an explosion that turned the world white. The creature’s head snapped back as if hit by a hammer blow and it fell to the ground like a puppet with its strings cut.

The gun dropped from Jake’s hands, and dropping to his knees, he looked at the sky and howled.

(Yeah, I changed the title, and decided to reward myself with a quick mockup of the book cover as a reward for passing 20,000 words.)

3 comments:

MC Etcher said...

Cool! Good job. Covers are fun, definitely makes the book seem a lot more real.

MC Etcher said...

Damn it, where is the next episode of Watermelon Helmet?

You have an obligation to your public, you SOB.

I am an AMERICAN! My sense of entitlement knows no bounds.

Do you know how much I've spent over the years buying the archived episodes on vinyl, on WH merchandise, and how many people I send to your site every day? We own you!

All of my readers are going to boycott you. Better get your shit together.

Paulius said...

Dear Mr. Etcher,

The management would like to issue it's sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by las week's technical difficulties which resulted in the non-issue of the expected episode of Watermelon Helmet.

The issue has now been resolved and you may find a new episode a the usual address.

Again, we apologise for the inconvenience and hope you'll continue to listen for many years to come.

Thank you.

PS Keep your eyes peeled this summer for a new line of Paulius Bobbleheads and our new patented Giggle-Cup! Make Sunny Laugh every time you have coffee!!!