Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sci-Fi Channel Official Needs a New Plot Wheel.

Just in case you don't know what a plot-wheel is, it's a tool used by really bad writers. You spin the discs and it spits out a plot by filling in the blanks, like:

(Blank) is a (Blank) who needs to fight (blank) to stop the (blank) from (blank).

Oh, and in the SciFi channel's case, this is usually followed by "...and stars Stephen Baldwin."

I think it's time that the SciFi Channel retired theirs and either bought a new one, or actually hired some decent writers.

You see, today I was watching Stargate Atlantis, and the ads came on...including one for the latest SciFi original movie, "Mammoth".

I really wish I was kidding about this, but in between the really bad effects and shots of people running, one of the characters said:

"There's an alien-possessed mammoth out there, and unless we take it down, the government will kill us all."

You know, I could spend the next thousand words just making fun of that, but I just can't make it sound more ridiculous that it already does.

No comments: